It’s not about reaching just any audience. It’s about communicating your messages with the right kind of audience. The people most likely to purchase your services or products.
One of the things I notice that people struggle most with when they complete our Project Development Form is clearly identifying their target audience. For example: Men aged 45 is very different to Men in the Stockholm region, aged between 40-48, who buy electronic gadgets once a month online.
Before you create any kind of marketing materials, you need to know who you’re looking to sell to.
Click the player to find out more…
Questions to Ask When Developing Brand Personas
You can, of course, refine this to suit your own unique needs; however, here are ten questions I personally find useful when developing brand personas.
- What are their demographics?
- What is their lifestyle?
- What do they like to do in their free time?
- Who and what influences the product choices they make?
- What are their personal goals?
- What are they like – emotionally?
- Why would they be interested in your company?
- What do they want from you?
- Where and how do they look online?
- What kind of information are they looking for?
Other listening options:
- Click here to download the mp3
- Click here to subscribe in iTunes
- Click here for the show archive
- Click here for the show’s RSS feed